Content Marketing Manager, Terramera, Inc. – 2014-2015
- For PROOF consumer brand’s 2015 Walmart USA retail product launch, created and implemented integrated digital media advertising strategy synthesizing industry best practices for consistent instructional and conversational messaging across all brand-relevant platforms.
- Rewrote corporate business plan, marshalling cross-functional resources from all internal and external stakeholders.
- Led brand, campaign portfolio and reputation management for four distinct brands, driven by market segmentation, based on competitive market research and analysis, consumer surveys, as well as niche and trade marketing best practices.
- Increased PROOF consumer brand’s Twitter followers by more than 700%.
- Created marketing collateral incorporating original copywriting and creative design.
- Oversaw media buying, promotions, and trade marketing,
- Designed packaging for consumer products for merchandising, incorporating logo design elements.
- Driven by needs assessment, designed, wrote, and coded four distinct websites – two B2B and two B2C – in less than eight months.
- Implemented realtime tracking for all digital KPI, including Google Adwords internet marketing, Google Analytics, YouTube and TrueView, Facebook and Twitter social media engagement, and Shopify and Amazon sales.
Digital Communications Officer, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation – 2011-2014
- My 2013 initiatives were nominated for a Yeggie. The Edmonton New Media Awards, or the Yeggies, is an annual awards show created to recognize and celebrate outstanding social media content creators in the capital region.
- Planned and executed launch of an online portal for crowd-sourced fundraising, which raised more than $315,000 in its first year of operation with an average gift amount of nearly $100.
- Increased social media donations of fundraising events by 25% year over year.
- Increased engagement with Facebook through innovative programming and targeted content. Total Likes increased by 40%, while 28-day reach increased by more than 900%.
- Grew active Twitter following from less than 100 followers to nearly 6,000.
- Managed website redesign project from design phase through launch. This project was informed by consumer surveys, and required RFPs, and contract negotiations and management.
- Copywriting and creative design for online and print visual collateral including banners, magazines, websites, direct mail, and social media.
- Concepted editorial direction of, and wrote articles for, HEROES Magazine, the Foundation’s quarterly print publication.
- Managed teams of more than four photographers at key Foundation events.
Editor, SEE Magazine – 2010-2011
- Regularly contributed more than 18% of total arts content both for print and online.
- Managed freelance writer pool of more than 20 contributors.
- Designed and launched weekly newsletter and Facebook Fan Page; tripled number of Twitter followers.
- Increased online revenue by implementing Google AdSense and other ad networks with existing inventory.
- Initiated weekly tracking of key online performance indicators. Presented seminar to the ad sales team and upper management on the importance and appropriate use of online metrics including Google Analytics, Alexa, and Compete.
Manager of Financial Education, Investopedia – 2009-2010
- Initiated and managed content innovations leading to year-over-year site traffic increase of 25% to 40 million page views and 6 million unique visitors per month.
- Hired for headcount increase of nearly 25%, bringing managed team from 9 to 11.
- Responsible for budget allocation of more than $500,000.
- Launched video channel, drafting business plan and overseeing its execution.
- Created and implemented integrated social media strategy for conversational messaging across all brand-relevant platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Instituted audience response evaluation and testing using Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Editor, Spruce Grove Examiner/Stony Plain Reporter – 2008-2009
- Mentored junior staff writers and freelancers, and sourced new regular columnists.
- Copy edited and proofread words, images, and layout of two newspapers, comprising more than 130 pages of copy weekly.
- Oversaw transition, technically and creatively, from publishing once to twice weekly.
- Championed the launch of new website incorporating Web 2.0 features including user-generated content.
- Guided editorial staff in switch from using QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign for layout.
City Section Editor, BeatRoute Magazine – 2008-2009
- 2008 Contributor of the Year.
- Established a new section in monthly arts journal with a circulation of 20,000.
- Interviewed on CBC about UnCalgary article series, which received a National Magazine Award nomination.
Mayoral Campaign Manager – 2007
- Managed relationships with radio, television, and print media.
- Designed, planned and executed web-based marketing campaign incorporating Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Wrote press releases and speeches.
- Scripted, shot and edited more than 20 promotional campaign videos on location and in studio.
- Created campaign website, and developed community on Facebook and YouTube.
Freelance Journalist – 1991-Present
- From 1997-2013, event photography and photojournalism for live musical and theatrical events, press conferences, and local news.
- Interviewed, and wrote features on, hundreds of subjects including more than five platinum selling musical recording artists.
LL.B. – University of London, London, UK
M.A. with Merit – University of Westminster, London, UK
B.A. – University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada